Lagos Fire Service rescued one, two others got injured

0
13

The Lagos State Fire Service has confirmed that a victim of the  fire outbreak that occurred at Iyana Odo Bus Stop, in Idimu area of Lagos State on Dec. 5 had been rescued.

Mr Dosunmu Jamiu, who is the Chief Public Affairs of the service made the confirmation. He also confirmed that two other victims sustained  various degrees of burn.

“The rescued victim has been taken to the Alimosho General Hospital where he is receiving treatment,” Jamiu said in a  statement.

He added; “Two people were trapped in a fire disaster at Iyana Odo Bus Stop in  Idimu Local Council Development Area of  Lagos state on Thursday.

Quoting the Acting Head of Lagos State Fire Service, Mrs  Adeseye Margaret, Jamiu said the agency would continue to serve the people of Lagos State .

Adeseye was also quoted to have  said that the state fire service was  determined to ensure that fire incidents were contained to the barest minimum in the state.

She stated that the organisation would make sure of the safety of  the lives and property of Lagos residents.

According to preliminary investigation, the PRO revealed, in a statement, that a cleric was performing a spiritual bath for a man when he attempted  to light a candle and the spark from it  ignited a fire from an oil spillage caused by pipeline vandals.

He said that men from Ikotun Fire Station, supported by the Abesan Fire Station, were drafted to the scene.

The spokesman also stated that men from the Agege Fire Station carried out a rescue operation at No. 16, Oladimeji Oladipupo St., Enilolobo Bus Stop, Iju Ishaga.

READ  Man in court for stealing N420,000 wristwatch

” The rescue operation was carried  out on a 24-year- old boy, Yusuf Olajide,  who accidentally fell into a well.

” Olajide suspected to have died in the well was, however, rescued alive by the men of the  fire service, ” the statement said

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here