It’s a good thing to win the heart of you in-laws. It has a lot of benefits like in terms of trouble, they will be the ones to console you, and in times of need, they support you.
However, there are things you need to do to gain their trust, respect, and acceptance. Some of these things are;
1. Showing concern when it comes to your in-laws’ family matters
No family will like to have a son-in-law or daughter-in-law who doesn’t care about their family matter. An example of showing concern is watching over and taking care of your sick in-law or supporting them when they are in need.
2. Showing interest in them: Doing things that show you have an interest in your in-laws is a positive step to winning them over. For example, inquiry about their family lives will build up a positive perception of you.
3. Building a relationship with them: you build a relationship with your in-laws by welcoming them into your home whenever they come visiting and also allowing them to get close to your children. Be yourself at that moment, and they will gradually love you for who you are.
4. Showing them you are capable of raising a family: raising a family is one hell of a task. No family will like to have a son or daughter-in-law that has absolutely no idea of raising a family. Showing them that you are capable of doing that will earn you their respect.
5. Ask for their opinion: taking advice from your in-laws proves that you trust end respect them. When you respect them, they will reciprocate.
6. Waste no time in resolving misunderstanding: in terms of a dispute with your in-laws, try to focus on providing solutions rather than hammering on the problem.
In a situation like this, you try to respect the family norms and traditions and finding a common interest that will lead to a peaceful resolution.
However, trying to win your in-laws doesn’t mean you will lose yourself in the process. Try as much as possible to be yourself so that you can raise your family at your best.
You shouldn’t compromise because you want to win over your in-laws. Many of them might not like you from the initial, but with time they will learn to accept you for who you are. So be yourself.
Join Drumhour On Telegram
Love the article you just read? Join our Telegram channel to get the latest articles and never miss an update. JOIN NOW
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Drumhour.
Originally posted on 07/01/2021 @ 7:55 AM